Requisition #: 21-1926
Location: Albuquerque, NM 87113
Category: Customer Service
Service Line: Administrative
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, management, and coordination of the volunteer program in accordance with State, Federal, CHAP, and Ambercare policies.
1. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
2. Associate's degree in a related field preferred
3. Minimum of three years combined experience in marketing, program coordination or staff scheduling and supervision
4. Demonstrate experience in event coordination
5. Demonstrate experience in report preparation
6. Demonstrate experience in administrative functions, including the utilization of policies and procedures and training manuals
7. Demonstrate skill in public speaking and presentations
8. Demonstrate proficiency in oral and verbal communication, including spelling and grammar
9. Must have a valid NM Driver's license
10. Must have reliable transportation available during work hours. Vehicle must be properly registered and insured in accordance with state law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans and implements the volunteer training program and volunteer orientation.
2. Collaborates with the Allied Support Manager in the design of volunteer training in accordance with Medicare/NHPCO standards and other applicable regulatory bodies.
3. Discusses and organizes volunteer training in an effective and efficient manner.
4. Evaluates each session and utilizes data to improve future training.
5. Screens by application and interview each potential volunteer candidate.
6. Collaborates with the Allied Support Manager in the design of an organized, methodical, and effective selection process for volunteers.
7. Possesses skills necessary to conduct thorough and professional interviews.
8. Conducts interviews using a standardized format.
JOB DESCRIPTION: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR Page 2
9. Establishes recruitment and retention methods to enhance and maintain the program.
10. Participate in outreach networking presentations to community agencies.
11. Coordinates and participates in training programs, continuing education and support groups for volunteers.
12. Continually assesses volunteer program processes and implements changes to facilitate growth and improvement.
13. Maintains records and personnel files on all volunteer staff.
14. Oversee timely collection, storage, and retrieval of volunteer data including monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, progress notes, evaluations, TB test results, and criminal background checks.
15. Volunteer hours are maintained at a level that satisfies State, Federal CHAP, and
16. Assists with volunteer program budget planning and operates within the budget.
17. Attends scheduled interdisciplinary team patient care conferences and/or designates volunteer program representative to attend.
18. Provides team members with pertinent information regarding volunteers.
19. Participates in problem solving discussions.
20. Coordinates the development and regular updating of care plans with volunteer goals, interventions and outcomes.
21. Maintains communication with volunteers.
22. Keeps volunteers informed.
23. Provides support to volunteers on a regular basis and when difficulties arise.
24. Keeps track of volunteer schedules and availability.
25. Monitors volunteer burnout and reassigns and/or provides direction.
26. Assures volunteers remain in compliance with State, Federal, CHAP, and Ambercare policies.
27. Adheres to dress code.
28. Adheres to work schedule and maintain good punctuality and attendance record.
1. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment health screening if applicable, including drug screening.
2. Satisfactory completion of background check in accordance with State of New Mexico
Caregivers Criminal History Screening Program.
Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift supplies and equipment as needed. Considerable typing, reaching, stooping bending, kneeling, and/or crouching.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Environmental Conditions: Must be able to drive in various weather/road conditions. Working Conditions: May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with
patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to/ occasionally exposed to patient
JOB DESCRIPTION: VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR Page 3
elements Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, Handles emergency crisis situations. Travel required. OSHA Exposure Category II- Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues, but employment may require unplanned category I tasks.
EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
Varies by agency needs; typically Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other hours required as needed and assigned