Position Summary: The Training Coordinator is responsible for training and training development of our new Home Care Aides in a classroom setting. The Training Coordinator will be responsible for planning and conducting ongoing continuing education sessions, preparation of administrative reports and assuring compliance with all requisite company regulations. This position requires an energetic, self-motivated and well-organized person.
- Plan and schedule the facilitation of a minimum of two 25-hour training sessions per month.
- Develop and schedule continuing education workshops.
- Establish and maintain contacts with employment sources.
- Supervise and organize duties of training staff.
- Oversee the processing of new employees through the hiring process.
- Preparation of staffing and new hire reports.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures, and collective bargaining policies and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred additional education such as a diploma from an accredited vocational school or college
- Excellent computer skills, ability to create presentations and supporting documents for training handouts.
- Excellent Administrative Skills.
- Experience conducting training sessions, and/or meetings with administrative and direct service staff in group settings or individually
- Energetic and engaging personality with excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated, reliable, and well organized
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.