Position Summary: Responsible for the majority of fixed asset accounting as well as for reporting certain costs and expenditures for support center departments of the company. Will also be responsible for certain balance sheet accounting and act as the liaison between the accounting departments and accounts payable and be responsible for the accounting for unclaimed property. The Corporate Accountant will act as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decisions.
- Responsible for entering fixed asset information into the Oracle fixed asset module and assist in maintaining our fixed asset sub ledger and fixed asset inventory
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations as assigned
- Allocate certain AP invoices to all department of the company on a monthly basis
- Act as a liaison between AP and Accounting
- Review and analyze revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts to ensure that proper coding procedures are adhered to and making corrections as needed
- Perform additional accounting duties and ad hoc reporting as required
- Assist in the departments accounting for the unclaimed property
- Utilize hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices to perform complex accounting activities and analysis as needed
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- One to three years accounting/finance experience
- Solid month end close experience
- Experience working with multi-sites is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.