Position Summary: If you are looking for a rewarding position in a fast-paced healthcare environment and love working with seniors, our Service Coordinator position might be just for you!
Position Type: Full time
At Addus we offer our team the best:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- Continued Education
- PTO Plan
- Retirement Planning
- Life Insurance
- Employee discounts
Addus Homecare has been an industry leader in home care services for over 40 years! We pride ourselves on delivering the best home and community based services to seniors and in being a premier employer to our employees! The Service Coordinator position is responsible for coordinating schedules between clients and employees. You'll create work schedules in the system and manage any scheduling changes. You'll follow up on client concerns while supervising direct service employees. The ideal candidate will have great communication skills, detailed oriented and excellent follow-through.
As a Service Coordinator you will:
- Schedule employees as directed by client's care plan
- Create work schedules in the system, manage changes to client and facility schedules. Provide alternate coverage to ensure the client's care plan is followed and client services are not interrupted
- Contact care providers and clients to provide service updates
- Provide thorough, complete follow-through on escalated client concerns
- Supervise direct service employees by setting expectations for attendance, performance and by holding employees accountable to the company's policies and guidelines
- Assist with the new hire process for all new employees by conducting second interviews to support recruiters
- Ensure WOTC applications, Form I-9, and any other applicable paperwork is completed in a timely manner for each new direct service employee
- File APS Reports and follows up with agency and handles related employee issues as appropriate
- Ensure the appearance of the branch's open environment is professional: neat, clean, orderly and generally free of clutter
- Maintain confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Comply with all Managed Care Organization, Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have one to three years of recent experience working in a scheduling environment or related field.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Scheduling program.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and state required insurance.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.