Position Summary: The Senior Accountant will take ownership of financial reporting for an operating region within the company and be responsible for month end close, balance sheet reconciliations and special projects. The Senior Accountant will perform complex accounting activities and analysis while utilizing hands-on accounting experience and in-depth understanding of accounting principles and company practices.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements and managerial financial analysis reporting requirements
- Financial liaison to Regional Operators
- Full-cycle accounting including month end close responsibilities, balance sheet reconciliations, variance analysis and financial review calls
- Review and analyze revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts to ensure that proper coding procedures are adhered to and making corrections as needed
- Assist with the preparation of jurisdictional or governmental reporting requirements as needed
- Assist with yearly budgets, monthly key metrics analysis, acquisition accounting or special projects as needed
- Liaise with Accounting Manager to improve financial procedures and ensure compliance with all internal processes
- Assist in the documentation and monitoring of internal controls in accordance with SOX 404
- Quarterly and annual audit assignments including flux analysis and lead schedule preparation
- Act as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support optimal business decision making
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency
- Follows all MCO, Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited university
- Minimum of five years accounting/finance experience
- Advanced knowledge and experience with month end closings
- Experience working with multi-sites is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; including advanced knowledge with v-lookups and pivot tables
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision
- Highly organized
Working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Environment: Moderate noise level similar to a typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.