Join the acclaimed clinical team at Hospice of Virginia, whose unparalleled reputation for quality supportive care is matched only by our passion and dedication to patient-centered compassion.
The Hospice Registered Nurse Case Manager, will report to the Patient Care Manager and is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. This role is responsible for delivering professional nursing care to patients, by supporting and providing initial and ongoing patient assessments, in accordance with the established plan of care, attending physicians' orders, interdisciplinary team, state and federal requirements as well as the Company policies and procedures.
- Assume primary responsibility for patient and family caseload, including the assessment, determine eligibility, admission processing, planning, implementation and evaluation phases of the nursing process
- Obtain data and assess necessary information from patient physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may impact patient and family's needs and initiate intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Initiate communication with the attending physician, interdisciplinary team and other agencies for the purpose of coordinating optimal care
- Provide regular visits to re-assess the patient's needs and update the plan of care
- Perform therapeutic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as directed by the attending physician
- Perform clinical pronouncement of death and provide support to family
- Maintain accurate patient records, charts, progress notes, reports and prepare care plans timely
- Report any changes in patients' condition, patient needs, issues or problems, immediately to attending physician, nursing supervisor and interdisciplinary team, patients' family and other authorized agency personnel
- Provide teaching to family, caregivers and interdisciplinary team members to ensure continuity of patient care
- Develop and maintain familiarity with Federal, State, Company policies and procedures regarding patients benefit
- Supervise and document delivery of care by the Home Health Aide as required by Federal, State, CHAP, and Company guidelines
- Share in providing 24 hour, 7 day per week coverage to patients and families as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in continuing education programs, staff meetings, conferences, agency in-services and community events as requested/required by their supervisor
- Represents the organization professionally at all time
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
- Must possess current CPR, First Aid Certification
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members, visitors, agency personnel, and general public
- Must be knowledgeable of quality assessment and assurance procedures
- Must pass completion of pre-employment health screening, drug screen, background check where applicable by Federal and State laws, company policies
Working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Universal precautions and infection control standards must be maintained. May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. May be exposed to blood, body fluids, tissues, other patient elements, varying and unpredictable situations, and emergency crisis situations.
Environment: Moderate noise level similar to a typical home environment or typical office environment, with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.