If you are looking for a rewarding position in a fast-paced healthcare environment with a growing organization, our Reimbursement Specialist position might be just for you!
Addus Homecare has been an industry leader in home care services for over 40 years! We pride ourselves on delivering the best home and community based services to seniors and in being a premier employer to our employees!
We offer an excellent benefit plan that includes medical, vision, dental, 401K with match, vacation time, sick time, holidays, life insurance and more.
The Reimbursement Specialist is responsible for all billing and revenue cycle management thorough insurance benefit investigation of new referrals, a small assignment of collections with a variety of payers, authorization requests, and claim submission.
- Accurately interprets patient insurance, prescription and other health-related documentation
- Conducts medical insurance verifications and investigations for commercial and government payors
- Communicates with insurance companies, patients, providers and prescribers to coordinate reimbursement and access solution
- Reviews unpaid accounts to determine status and taking appropriate action to ensure payment.
- Reviews all claims for compliance and completeness for claims submissions.
- Researches available alternative funding options to reduce patient's financial burden
- Handles high call volumes
- Communicates with internal and external departments to facilitate coordination of care
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Undergraduate degree is preferred
- Experience in Medical Billing, Accounts Receivables, and/or Collections within a healthcare or insurance environment is preferred
- Possess quick and accurate Alpha/numeric data entry skills
- Computer proficiency -- MS Office and Web-enabled applications strongly preferred
- Customer service skills required.
- Understanding of the requirements of Medicaid, Medicare and Insurance billing is preferred
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.