Position Summary: The Reimbursement Manager oversees intake and reimbursement operations within the reimbursement department. Responsible for the management of staff, processes, productivity, and financial results for the area(s) assigned including key aspects of intake, billing, collections and cash posting. Responsible for the development of reimbursement strategies and implementation of plans to ensure goals for intake, accounts receivable, bad debt, and cash are within stated objectives.
- Directly manages intake and reimbursement teams and processes day-to-day operation within the department
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators in the Intake and Reimbursement Areas to improve service levels, cash flow, reduce DSO, and minimize bad debt
- Oversees and participates in quarterly and annual financial audits with internal and/or external auditors
- Completes all required projects and reports in a timely fashion on a weekly or monthly basis per the direction of the Director of Reimbursement
- Designs and implements processes to ensure opportunities for optimal collection of accounts receivable are maximized
- Identifies opportunities to leverage systems and technology to improve overall revenue cycle effectiveness in accordance with improving patient, operational, and colleague experiences
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with payers, branches, departments, and other integral parties for the purpose of problem resolution and facilitation of goals and objectives
- Builds employee morale, motivation, loyalty and fosters a team-like environment
- Maintain knowledge of industry/payer standards and regulations as they relate to billing and collections of accounts receivable
- Maintains strictest confidentiality; adheres to all SOX and HIPAA guidelines/ regulations
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare, Business Administration, or related field or 7 years of management level experience in healthcare
- Minimum of 5 years of healthcare management experience
- Computer proficiency -- MS Office and Web-enable applications strongly preferred
- Understanding of the requirements of Medicaid, Medicare and insurance billing is preferred
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains open lines of communication
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.