POSITION SUMMARY: This position delivers professional nursing care to patients in accordance with the established plan of care and Company policies and procedures. Provides care consistent with all relevant professional standards and state and federal requirements
* Assess, plan and intervene using the nursing process to meet the patient's health care needs.
* Observe and report any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in condition of the patient and family situation. Document such reports and observations in the clinical record and notify supervisor.
* Perform assigned nursing procedures, including the administration of treatments and medications in the care of the patient, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the plan of care.
* Teach the patients/caregivers appropriate self-care techniques.
* Notify the Case Manager, physicians, and families of changes in the patient's condition.
* Perform LPN and Home Health Aide supervisory visits, in accordance with state regulations, to evaluate competency and provide appropriate instructions.
* Maintain data collection, recording, and reporting systems to ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection, and measurement of outcomes.
* Communicate potential risk management issues and report abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law.
* Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary patient case conferences, staff meetings and in-service education programs as assigned.
* Work with patient, family and health care team members effectively to coordinate patient care.
* Participate in the on-call schedule and weekends/after hour visits, as necessary.
* Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
* Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
* Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
* Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
* Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
* Licensed as a RN in the state of practice
* At least one (1) year clinical practical nursing experience preferably in intensive care, rehabilitation or medical surgical nursing
* Home health experience preferred
* Ability to make home visits and provide nursing care in the home environment
* Ability to complete necessary documentation appropriately, legibly and timely
* Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to complete job responsibilities
* Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance; or ability to take public transportation
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.