Take advantage of this unique opportunity to learn the fundamentals of quality home care and deliver life-changing service to your clients. As an Arcadia Personal Care Assistant, you’ll play a vital role in supporting seniors and people with disabilities living independently. This rewarding position provides consistent, flexible hours to accommodate your personal needs, while providing a great career with a growing, innovative industry leader.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Follow specific care plans for clients and report on completed tasks.
- Assist with personal care needs of the client (bathing, dressing, etc.).
- Provide or assist in routine house cleaning, meal preparation, and laundry.
- Transport client to doctor's office, grocery store and other essential errands.
- Assist client with the self-administration of medications.
- Observe and report any changes in client's condition.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department.
- Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of Agency qualifying exam.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Six (6) months recent experience or 2 years part-time experience within the last 3 years as a PCA/HCA/CNA or equivalent or 6 months full-time experience within the past 2 years or 1 year part-time experience within the past 3 years and completion of a format training course.
- CPR / First Aid certification if state or program requirement.
- Nurturing and compassionate nature with the desire to care for others.
Addus Home Care is one of the nation’s largest personal home care and support service providers. We service over 33,000 consumers weekly from more than 111 branches located in 24 states.
Addus is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria.