South Shore Home Health Services (Addus Homecare) is now hiring certified Home Health Aides and Personal Care Aides to work for cases throughout Suffolk County - Riverhead, Oakdale, Middle Island, Moriches, Smithtown and more!
At South Shore Home Health we offer our team the BEST:
- Starting rate is $16.22 an hour
- Flexible Scheduling
- HHA Training Program for CNAs - We will make you an HHA!
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Cases close to home, short Commutes!
- Great benefits package offered
Follow specific care plans for clients and report on completed tasks.
- Assist with personal care needs of the client (bathing, dressing, etc.).
- Provide or assist in routine house cleaning, meal preparation, and laundry.
- Transport client to doctor's office, grocery store and other essential errands.
- Assist client with the self-administration of medications.
- Observe and report any changes in client's condition.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department.
- Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation; if by car, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have a valid New York State HHA or PCA certificate
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.