The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day management and operations of the agency and the effective and efficient use of all resources in carrying out the organization's purpose. The Executive Director acts under the direction of Director of Operations with full authority within the board policies, program definition and budgetary concerns.
1. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
2. Minimum Associate Degree in nursing, business, healthcare or a related field and a minimum of 5 years related experience.
3. Minimum of 3 three years of supervisory or administrative experience in a hospice or home health setting.
4. Experienced in program administration including knowledge of healthcare policies and reimbursement practices.
5. Excellent in managing human resources.
6. Excellent in both written and verbal communication, including spelling and grammar.
7. Must have a valid NM Driver's license
8. Must have reliable transportation available during work hours. Vehicle must be properly registered and insured in accordance with state law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manage the agencies program through delegation of responsibility to administrative and supervisory personnel according to their abilities and defined responsibilities
2. Monitor methods of program administration, planning, supervising, and evaluating
3. Monitor day-to-day compliance with regulatory and reimbursement requirements
4. Manage the development and implementation of administrative policies and procedures.
5. Establish functions and qualification for all personnel
6. Determine staffing needs and patterns according to program requirements and with consideration for utilization of personnel at their maximum potential
7. Authorize appointments to staff positions in collaboration with the CEO
8. Oversee compliance with personnel policies and procedures
9. Negotiate and execute contracts with community providers for service and monitor program compliance with contractual agreements.
10. Represent Ambercare to the community as requested
11. Participate as an active member of the Governing Board and Executive Committee
12. Adhere to dress code
13. Adhere to work schedule and maintain good punctuality and attendance record
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIRMENTS:
Ambercare personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Ambercare personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
1. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment health screening if applicable, including drug screening.
2. Satisfactory completion of background check in accordance with State of New Mexico Caregivers Criminal History Screening Program.
Moderate walking or standing. Able to lift supplies and equipment as needed. Considerable typing, reaching, stooping bending, and kneeling.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Environmental Conditions: Must be able to drive in various weather/road conditions.
Working Conditions: OSHA Exposure Category II- Position includes tasks that involve no exposure to blood, body fluid, tissues, but employment may require unplanned Category I tasks.
EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
Varies by agency needs; Typically Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other hours required as needed and assigned
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.