Addus HomeCare is now hiring Occupational Therapists immediately in the following areas:
POSITION SUMMARY: The occupational therapist provides care to clients in their home accordance with the plan of care and with participation by the family, nurse or other person as necessary. All functions shall be performed in accordance with the established policies and practices of the agency. The occupational therapist reports directly to the nursing supervisor.
- Must have reliable transportation available during work hours.
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Graduate of an accredited occupational therapy curriculum, accredited jointly by the committee of allied health education and accreditation of the American medical association and the American occupational therapy association or eligible for the national registration examination of the American occupational therapy association.
- Be currently registered/licensed and occupational therapist in the state in which practicing.
- Have at least one (1) year experience in acute hospital or equivalent experience.
- Have demonstrated professional behavior and appearance.
- Possess US citizenship or evidence of a valid alien work permit.
- Possess and maintain good physical and mental health including current TB testing (refer to health screening policy).
- Possess knowledge of principles and practice of occupational therapy.
- Have demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Have demonstrated ability to function in an unstructured home setting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to work schedule and maintain good punctuality and attendance record
- Assist the physician in evaluating level of functioning.
- Participate in the development of the plan of care.
- Guide and instruct the client in prescribing therapeutic self-care and create activities that are directed toward improving independence and physical and cognitive functioning.
- Prepare a report of each client's diagnostic evaluation and make recommendations.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes.
- Advise, consult and teach appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities to clients, family members and other agency staff.
- Establish household management routines.
- Design and/or order appropriate adaptive/assistive devices and/or splints to promote optimal level of functioning.
- Record and report to the physician the client's reaction to the therapy program or any changes.
- Instruct clients and their families in activities of daily living.
- Instruct the family in the clients total occupational therapy program.
- Instruct other health team personnel regarding occupational therapy for specific clients.
- Attend care conferences as deemed necessary.
- Participate in in service programs.
- Serve on the clinical record review committee.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply via text, text 1147 to (334) 518-4376