Works with the Medical Coordinator that serves the Sisters of the Resurrection, assists in planning and organizing the delivery of LifeStyle Options, Inc. services in assigned case load in a manner that ensures that quality standards consistently meet or exceed the established philosophy, expectations and goals of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides Physical, emotional and companionship support to CSC residents.
- Meets with each resident one time per week, including hospitalized residents.
- Actively listens to and interacts with residents to assess needs, concerns and goals. Provides emotional support while maintaining a professional relationship with resident.
- Accompanies residents out (lunch, shopping, walks, and other activities) to give an opportunity to assess wellbeing and provide stimulation.
- Encourages physical activity when appropriate.
- Checks resident belongings to determine personal care needs.
- Shops for food and hygiene items as needed or directed.
- Checks rooms for problems (too much clutter, unwashed clothing, etc.) Assists residents with organizing, putting clothing in laundry, clearing excess papers.
- Tags new clothing and belongings with resident's name.
- Brings possessions to the resident for sorting. Arranges for disposal of unneeded/unwanted items, including document shredding.
- Communicates with certified nursing assistants and Medical Coordinator as to the practical needs of the residents.
- Communicates with Medical Coordinator any concerns regarding residents, if need it immediate or urgent, communicates with nurse on duty.
- Drives or arranges transportation (Medride, cab) and accompanies residents to appointments that do not require Medical Coordinator (dentist, podiatrist, etc.)
- On return from appointments, communicates any change in medical orders to CBV Nurse and Medical Coordinator.
- With Medical Coordinator, attends care conference twice yearly or after a hospitalization for each resident.
- Regularly attends resident assessment meetings and meetings with Medical Coordinator as needed, and implements plan for resident services. Communicates with Medical Coordinator regarding Sister's health status and any issue regarding their health.
- Assists Medical Coordinator with care coordination for all CSC residents including those in Assisted Living and Independent Living.
- Maintains receipts and reports spending on spreadsheets for credit card use and cash spent on a bi-weekly basis.
- Works with Coordinator to organize resident belongings upon the move to CBV.
- Completes or insures that all resident paperwork is completely filled out, signed by appropriate persons and submitted to CBV Medical Coordinator.
- Provides updates in monthly newsletters and mailings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 2 years' experience in Geriatrics preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A degree from a two or four year College or university in health or social services is strongly preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Some supervisory experience is preferred.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.