Licensed Practical Nurse
Requisition #: 19-422_LPN_Garden City
Location: Garden City,
Position Summary: This position delivers professional nursing care to patients in accordance with the established plan of care and Company policies and procedures. Provides care consistent with all relevant professional standards and state and federal requirements
- Assess, plan and intervene using the nursing process to meet the patient's health care needs.
- Observe and report any signs or symptoms indicative of changes in condition of the patient and family situation. Document such reports and observations in the clinical record and notify supervisor.
- Perform assigned nursing procedures, including the administration of treatments and medications in the care of the patient, in accordance with the State Nurse Practice Act and the plan of care.
- Teach the patients/caregivers appropriate self-care techniques.
- Notify the Case Manager, physicians, and families of changes in the patient's condition.
- Maintain data collection, recording, and reporting systems to ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection, and measurement of outcomes.
- Communicate potential risk management issues and report abuse or unsafe/illegal practice as required by law.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
- Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attend and participate in multi-disciplinary patient case conferences, staff meetings and in-service education programs as assigned.
- Work with patient, family and health care team members effectively to coordinate patient care.
- Participate in the on-call schedule and weekends/after hour visits, as necessary.
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
- Licensed as an LPN in the state of practice
- At least one (1) year clinical practical nursing experience preferably in intensive care, rehabilitation or medical surgical nursing
- Home health experience preferred
- Ability to make home visits and provide nursing care in the home environment
- Ability to complete necessary documentation appropriately, legibly and timely
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to complete job responsibilities
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance; or ability to take public transportation
- Must have TB, CPR certification and clear background check