Are you the kind of person that likes to help those that need an extra hand? Then we need you!
The A Plus Kalispell branch is looking for job coaches to help in the community.
The Job Coach will help people enhance their strengths and improve their job skills. They may work with professionals who want guidance for career development or people with disabilities who need assistance in functioning in a workplace. The Job Coach will be a mentor eager to support their fellow people, discover people’s strengths and weaknesses and tell them what works best for them. The Job Coach may work with professional who want guidance for career development or people with disabilities who need assistance in functioning in the workplace.
· Develop effective job coaching and employment plans
· Assist clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals. Communicate with clients to understand their goals and ambitions
· Assess the strengths of individuals and teach them to use them effectively
· Provide coaching in effective job search techniques
· Assist people with disabilities in developing social and life skills
· Advise on workplace accommodations for people with disabilities
· Guide clients in learning to complete job tasks. Help in the development of motivation and skills
· Monitor and evaluate progress of clients. Keep records and prepare appropriate reports
· Assure appropriate documentation of client and employee records/requests for restrictions, access, and amendments for disclosure as required by the privacy rule
· Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
· Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
· Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
· Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
· Performs other duties as assigned
· High School diploma; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
· Proven experience as a Job Coach helpful
· Experience working with people with disabilities preferred but not required
· Experience in developing employment plans
· Respect to diversity
· Excellent organization and problem-solving ability
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines
· Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.