Requisition #: 4964
Location: Truth Or Consequences, NM 87901
Service Line: Hospice
Come work for Ambercare, one of the largest Hospice companies in the State of New Mexico. We are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing “Whatever it takes when it matters most.” We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
We value our team and are dedicated to your personal and professional growth through management training and employee appreciation. We are committed to our staff, focusing on growth, innovation, and continued learning so that you can provide the best to our patients and families. Come work for a top-rated Healthcare agency where your future is our top priority.
What We offer:
- Flexible Hours
- Great culture and team atmosphere
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discount Programs
What You'll Do:
- Assist with the responsibility for patient and family caseload, including the assessment, determine eligibility, admission processing, planning, implementation and evaluation phases of the nursing process
- Obtain data and assess necessary information from patient physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may impact patient and family's needs and initiate intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team
- Initiate communication with the attending physician, interdisciplinary team and other agencies for the purpose of coordinating optimal care
- Provide visits to re-assess the patient's needs and update the plan of care
- Perform therapeutic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as directed by the attending physician
- Perform clinical pronouncement of death and provide support to family
- Maintain accurate patient records, charts, progress notes, reports and prepare care plans timely
- Graduate from an accredited registered nursing program
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of practice
- Maintains a current CPR certification.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members, visitors, agency personnel, and general public
- Valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required