POSITION SUMMARY: The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse. Responsibilities include following the plan of care, providing treatments, and working collaboratively with the members of the team to help meet positive patient care outcomes.
- Provides direct patient care as defined in State Nurse Practice Act
- Implements current nursing practice following a comprehensive assessment and the plan of care
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of patient services to reflect the plan of care
- Assess and provide patient and family/caregiver education and information pertinent to diagnosis and self plan of care
- Participates in coordination of hospice services, appropriately reporting the identified needs to the interdisciplinary group. Examples include hospice aide, OT, PT, MSW, Dietitian or Clinical Supervisor
- Uses equipment and supplies effectively and efficiently
- Provides appropriate pain/symptom management. Evaluates patient's response to treatments/medications
- Participates in personal, professional growth and development. Also participates in quality assessment performance and improvement teams and activities
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- Graduate of an accredited practical nurse or vocational nursing program
- Three years nursing experience. Community health/hospice or medical/surgical experience is preferred
- Currently licensed as an LPN/LVN in the practicing state
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication, and organization skills
- Valid driver's license with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state requirements
- Understands philosophy of hospice concept. Also understands needs of the terminally ill
ENVIRONMENT: Moderate noise level similar to a home environment.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.