Position Summary: The Patient Care Manager is responsible for all aspects of the patient services programs consistent with Ambercare policies and procedures. The Patient Care Manager oversees the overall administration of patient care.
- Oversee delivery of patient services and compliance with agency policies
- Develop policies, procedures and guidelines to fulfill program objectives
- Oversee scheduling, supervision, and on-going educational programs for all professional and paraprofessional staff providing direct patient services
- Implement and monitor a quality assurance program or supervise designated QA staff
- Oversee the maintenance of medical records, assuring accuracy, completeness and compliance with licensing regulations, certification standards, legal and ethical standards
- Participate in recruitment, hiring, and career development of interdisciplinary team personnel
- Plan and implement staff education program for all team members
- Share in providing or arranging the provision of care to patients and families as necessary
- Assume responsibility for agency administration in the absence of appointed individuals as designated by the organizational chart
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in continuing education programs, staff meetings, conferences, agency in-services and community events as requested/required by their supervisor
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Possession of a current license to practice as a registered professional nurse or the equivalent license and education to practice as a healthcare professional in the State of New Mexico
- Minimum five years' experience as a healthcare professional; including two years of supervisory experience in healthcare, homecare or hospice
- Demonstrated administrative ability including knowledge of health care policies and program responsibilities
- Must have a valid NM Driver's License
- Must possess current CPR Certification
- Ability to complete necessary documentation appropriately, legibly and timely
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to complete job responsibilities
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance; or ability to take public transportation
Working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Environment: Moderate noise level similar to a typical home environment and/or typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.