Requisition #: 3800
Location: Greenville, IL 62246
Service Line: Personal Care Services
Now offering DAILY PAY for select positions!
Addus Home Care strives to help older adults and people with disabilities to live safe and healthy lives at home. We offer Family Service Specialists $14/hr.
In this job, you will assists families in crisis through DCFS programs including: Family Habilitation Services, Visitation and Housing. Family Service Specialists provide services that help families comply with court-ordered program participation and work through difficult situations. Training is provided through the office and on-the-job.
Family Service Specialist Benefits:
- Pay is $14/hr
- Now offering DAILY PAY for select positions!
- Flexible schedule - full time and part time available
- Direct deposit
- Paid vacation and six paid holidays
- Reimbursement for mileage $.655/mile
- Support families to prevent the permanent placement of children out of their home.
- Provide transportation for parent and/or children to and from locations for supervised visitation. Travel can be extensive.
- Work directly with families in the home, teaching and demonstrating homemaking skills, parenting skills, anger management, utilizing effective resources
- Supervised visitation / Unsupervised visitation. Observe all interaction between parents and children during visits parent and redirect if needed
- Prepare written reports and maintain accurate records
- Submit written client progress reports on a monthly basis:
- Scheduled dates and units of service
- Specific goals/issues to be addressed for each date of service
- Documentation as to whether each appointment was successful or missed
- Reports of progress for each identified goal
- Recommendations for future service
- Report all child abuse and neglect
- Attend all mandated trainings
- For families or emancipated foster children in the housing program the FSS locates housing, jobs and other community supports for living independently.
FSS Requirements & Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Associates degree or 2 years of child welfare experience is required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Experience in social work, child care, or working with families is preferred
- Must have a dependable automobile, a valid driver's license, and proof of auto insurance
- Must pass required background checks