The Job Coach will help people enhance their strengths and improve their job skills. They may work with professionals who want guidance for career development or people with disabilities who need assistance functioning in a workplace.
The Job Coach will be a mentor eager to support their fellow people, discover people's strengths and weaknesses and tell them what works best for them.
- High School diploma; Associates or Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Proven experience as a job coach
- Experience in developing employment plans
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adhere to regulations and standards
- Excellent organization and problem-solving ability
- Respect to diversity
1. Develop effective job coaching and employment plans.
2. Assist clients to discover and overcome their personal barriers and set goals. Communicate with clients to understand their goals and ambitions.
3. Assess the strengths of individuals and teach them to use them effectively.
4. Provide coaching in effective job search techniques.
5. Assist people with disabilities in developing social and life skills.
6. Advise on workplace accommodations for people with disabilities.
7. Guide clients in learning to complete job tasks. Help in the development of motivation and skills.
8. Monitor and evaluate progress of clients. Keep records and prepare appropriate reports.
9. Assure appropriate documentation of client and employee records/requests for restrictions, access, and amendments for disclosure as required by the privacy rule.
Demonstrates Commitment to Customers
1. Ensures that all care is provided with respect to customer/client's rights.
2. Takes action to meet customer needs
3. Respects confidentiality and shares information with only those that need to know
Demonstrates Commitment to Fellow Employees
1. Demonstrates open, honest, and professional communication and behavior
2. Resolves conflict in a positive manner
3. Adheres to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
4. Treats others with dignity and respect
Demonstrates Commitment to A Plus Health Care
1. Supports the mission and adheres to policies and procedures
2. Represents A Plus Health Care in a positive, professional manner
3. Markets A Plus Health Care as the agency of choice and works to improve areas that need to be strengthened
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.