Join the growing team at Queen City Hospice
Position Summary: The Clinical Assistant is primarily responsible for assisting the senior management team of the skilled division and the professional field staff. The Clinical Assistant will provide support in daily activities including organizing and assisting staff in assuring patients' needs are met.
- Assists scheduling department with taking calls from Clinicians regarding schedules
- Assists scheduling department with receiving assignments for clients who need to be staffed
- Pulls current 485's from computer system and MapQuest as needed for the scheduling department
- Assures all vital information is redacted on all confidential information that leaves the office
- Assists scheduling department with receiving messages from clients to clinicians
- Assures all faxes from or to Care Centrix, AMG, or other referral sources is done timely and accurately throughout the day
- Receives all faxes from skilled mail boxes and appropriately decimates within the department
- Retrieves all mail for skilled senior management and decimates appropriately
- Assures all paperwork in filing cabinet is maintained at par levels and inventory of forms and supplies are maintained
- Accurately maintains authorization book for third party i.e. Care Centrix by combining the requested authorization to the received authorization
- Assures new clinicians have orientation binder and car trunk stock
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, state, federal and privacy regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- High school diploma with a minimum of one year experience in home care
- Ability to work with a wide variety of patients and employees
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Responds positively to direction and is able to effectively carry out assigned tasks to completion
- Ability to effectively interpret, apply and communicate policies, procedures and regulations
- Ability to operate PC-based software programs including proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Environment: Moderate noise level similar to a typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.