Clinical Services Director, RN
Requisition #: 21-2647
Location: Twin Falls, ID 83301
Service Line: Hospice
Are you a Clinical Leader looking to make a difference? Do you have a passion for hospice care? Then we have the position for you. Lead the acclaimed clinical team Harrison's Hope Hospice, whose unparalleled reputation for quality supportive care is matched only by our passion and dedication to patient-centered compassion.
Position Summary: The Director of Patient Services will implement and administer clinical operations, policies and procedures. Provide direction to staff that ensures coordinated implementation of plans of treatment and the utilization of necessary services for comprehensive care of the patients that reflects the philosophy and objectives of the Hospice.
- Establish implement and evaluate goals and objectives for Hospice services that meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization and philosophy.
- Assures that the mission and values of the Hospice are upheld in the delivery of patient care services.
- Ensures that Hospice care is provided to the ultimate satisfaction of patients and their families.
- Acts as a clinical resource in collaboration with the Executive Director and Medical Director.
- Oversee the patient care team staff adherence to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Responsible for the oversight of hiring, training, supervising, coaching and mentoring of patient care team staff
- Interviews, hires, supervises, mentors and evaluates the performance of direct reports.
- Oversee and participate as needed in counseling and termination of patient care team staff.
- Ensures that the Patient Care Managers are efficiently managing resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Assume responsibility of program management roles as needed
- Ensures all program-required audits are completed.
- Proactively prepares for potential internal and external surveys, assuring compliance with policies, procedures, standards, Federal, State and local regulations are followed.
- Ensures that patient/family grievances are resolved timely and satisfactorily
- Ensures proactive customer service and process/standards are followed.
- Fosters relationship with external customers, referral sources, and regulatory personnel including soliciting feedback
- Identifies opportunities in resource management and utilization by oversight and review of patient care including but not limited to labor, pharmacy, medical supplies, equipment and mileage.
- Responsible for development and implementation of Action Plans associated with identified areas of improvement.
- Assists with admissions and routine patient visits when needed
- Works in conjunction with marketing and other members of the care team to establish and maintain facility relationships
- Assists in the preparation and presentation of training programs as needed by staff and/or referral sources
- Assists with after-hours call/triage when needed
- Participates in Administrative on-call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse license in state(s) practicing with strong clinical skills.
- Minimum 1 year management/supervisory experience in a hospice or home health agency or equivalent education.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical, oncology or patient population specific (i.e. geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively direct a variety of personnel and utilize mentoring and motivational skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must possess current CPR Certification.
- Demonstrated commitment to our mission, values of service, honesty, compassion, accountability and leadership, and organizational culture.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively and timely to patients, families, staff, and referral sources.
- Must be able to lift/move 50 pounds.
- Meets the regulations and requirements of the State in which the program provides services.
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401k with match, paid holidays, 17 days off, and more! In addition, this position has bonus potential! Join our caring and compassionate team today!