Summary: This position is responsible for the timely and accurate posting of payments and adjustments in accordance with department guidelines.
Essential Job Duties:
- Timely and accurately post a high volume of patient and insurance payments and adjustments and patient refunds via electronic file, paper remittances and credit cards.
- Reconcile all payments to the account, remittance, and batch on a daily basis and maintain balancing spreadsheets.
- Identify issues with billing and coding and reimbursement related to payment reconciliation and communicate with supervisor.
- Provide billing guidance and support to the branch locations as related to questions about the application of payments.
- Offer input and maintain reporting requirements relative to cash applications spreadsheets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Two years cash applications experience in a medical setting is necessary.
- Ability to read and interpret payor remittances.
- Ability to proficiently use a 10key.
- Advanced computer proficiency including Microsoft office.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and meet critical deadlines.
- Good math skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level interest in being part of a dynamic and growing team.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good follow-up skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.