Position Summary: The Care Coordination Specialist will report to the SR. VP of Operations. This role will be responsible for a variety of daily tasks to coordinate services, and will facilitate communication with caregivers, clients, family members and referral partners by providing excellent customer service.
- Ensures all contacts receive efficient and courteous customer service
- Matches appropriate qualified caregivers to clients and ensures services are in line with authorization
- Receives and assesses intake and client requests for service
- Documents complaints, issues, inquiries and communicates with local Addus branch for follow up
- Assists HCAs with payroll issues related to time worked
- Assists and maintains accurate schedules, clock-in/clock-out timecards, and legible notes for exceptions in the Company's systems, as required, to ensure accurate billing and payroll function
- Responds to telephone inquiries and provides information to the appropriate Agency Directors
- Makes phone calls to clients and HCAs to evaluate satisfaction level. Documents all conversations in Horizon.
- Updates Horizon to reflect all staffing changes and notes including, but not limited to: schedule changes, HCA call offs, customer concerns and any other activity
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Provides feedback to management regarding calls and activities as necessary
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent, some college preferred
- 1-2 years of recent experience working in a health care setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Computer proficiency - Internet, MS Word, MS Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to analyze and interpret situations to complete tasks or duties assigned
- Ability to prioritize workload while remaining flexible
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.