POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for greeting our clients as the first point of contact.
- Confirms patient appointments and perform patient reminder calls according to client guidelines
- Manages client and care provider's schedules efficiently
- Tracks and reports daily scheduling metrics and communicates all client scheduling trends to management
- Answers all incoming calls and provide exceptional customer service to all callers, patients, clients and visitors
- Maintains patient records in billing/scheduling system formats and in hard copy
- Completes patient schedules, forms and all correspondence
- Initiates and obtains patient insurance benefits and authorization verification
- Provides additional billing and customer service support
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
· Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
· Maintains open lines of communication
· Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
· Meets all productivity requirements
· Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
· Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement
· Represents the organization professionally at all times
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
- High school diploma required. College degree a plus
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- 2 -- 3 years' experience in insurance and billing
- Experience in a high volume medical office environment required
- Scheduling patients and patient testing preparation experience in a physician office preferred
- Computer Proficiency -- MS Office
- Ability to work well with others in a professional manner in a team oriented environment
WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT: Moderate noise level similar to a typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.