Position Summary: Responsible for coordinating administrative, business and other operational activities such as, but not limited to, HR, payroll, A/P, scheduling direct service staff and resolving client issues in conjunction with the Agency Director.
- Schedules employees as directed by client's care plan established upon intake.
- Processes patient authorizations and communicate with central admissions, enter reauthorizations into client record and ensure chart preparation for all new clients.
- Creates work schedules by entering schedules into the system, manages changes to client schedules due to client request, illness, vacation or leaves of absence. Provides alternate coverage to ensure the client's care plan is followed and client services are not interrupted.
- Contacts care providers and clients to provide service updates.
- Conducts monthly client wellness calls and conducts home visits as required.
- Provides thorough, complete follow-through on escalated client complaints and theft claims.
- Supervises direct service employees by setting expectations for attendance, performance and conduct by holding employees accountable to the company's policies and guidelines.
- Assists with the new hire process for all new employees and ensures all documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensures WOTC applications, Form I-9, and any other applicable paperwork is completed in a timely manner for each new direct service employee.
- Maintains accurate HR system records and ensures all employee records including payroll records are current.
- Sets up training for all new and current employees. May oversee or facilitate classes including quarterly in-service meetings.
- Follows up on all Private Duty "Hot-Lead" Assessments and Deposits.
- Coordinates Internal Audit Responses to the Contracts Department and QA team for employee and other files.
- Files APS Reports and follows up with agency and handles related employee issues as appropriate.
- Ensures the appearance of the branch's open environment is professional: neat, clean, orderly and generally free of clutter.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Complies with all Managed Care Organization, Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred additional education such as a diploma from an accredited vocational school or college.
- Must have three to five years of recent experience working in a healthcare environment or related field.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology.
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Scheduling program.
- May have to travel between facilities occasionally.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and state required insurance.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.