POSITION SUMMARY: The Hospice Visit Nurse will be responsible for delivering professional nursing care to patients, by supporting and providing initial and ongoing patient assessments in accordance with the established plan of care, attending physicians' orders, interdisciplinary team, state and federal requirements and company policies and procedures.
* Provide visits as assigned by the PCM, including the assessment, determination of eligibility, admission processing, planning, implementation and evaluation phases of the nursing process. Assignments will vary depending on licensure.
* Obtain data and assess necessary information from patient physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may impact patient and family's needs and coordinate intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team
* Initiate communication with the attending physician, interdisciplinary team and other agencies for the purpose of coordinating optimal care
* Provide visits to assess the patient's needs and update the plan of care
* Perform therapeutic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as directed by the attending physician
* Perform clinical pronouncement of death and provide support to family, as applicable to licensure.
* Maintain accurate patient records, charts, progress notes, reports and prepare care plans timely
* Report any changes in patients' condition, patient needs, issues or problems, immediately to attending physician, nursing supervisor and interdisciplinary team, patients' family and other authorized agency personnel
* Provide teaching to family, caregivers and interdisciplinary team members to ensure continuity of patient care
* Develop and maintain familiarity with Federal, State, Company policies and procedures regarding patients benefit
* Supervise and document delivery of care by the Home Health Aide as required by Federal, State, CHAP, and Company guidelines
* Share in providing 24 hour, 7 day per week coverage to patients and families as necessary
* Other duties as assigned
* Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
* Maintains open lines of communication
* Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
* Meets all productivity requirements
* Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
* Actively participates in continuing education programs, staff meetings, conferences, agency in-services and community events as requested/required by their supervisor
* Represents the organization professionally at all times
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES:
* Graduate from an accredited nursing program
* Licensed as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse in the state of practice
* Must possess current CPR, First Aid Certification
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with patients, family members, visitors, agency personnel, and general public
* Must be knowledgeable of quality assessment and assurance procedures
WORKING CONDITIONS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENT: Moderate noise level similar to a typical home environment and/or typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.