Position Summary: The Physical Therapist plans and provides physical therapy services to the clients in their home in accordance with the plan of care and agency policies and procedures. The Physical Therapist performs functions which require substantial specialized knowledge, judgment and skill based upon the principles of psychological, biological and social services and must be able to make judgments accordingly.
- Perform physical therapy procedures, evaluations and diagnostic tests on clients for whom therapy has been medically prescribed
- Advise, consult and teach appropriate treatment procedures and supportive activities to clients, family members and other agency staff
- Assist the physician in evaluating level of function
- Participate in the development of the plan of care
- Prepare clinical and progress notes
- Translate all exercise into functional activities or activities of daily living
- Develop needed plans for modifying equipment, appliances and the physical surrounding in clients home
- Confer regularly with attending physician regarding client's progress and report the physical and emotional conditions and reactions to treatment and interpret social and physical factors in the environment that affect care
- Interpret to the client and family the implication of the treatment consistent with the actions and wishes of the physician
- Provide families with information, support and encouragement to help motivate them in their progress
- Teach basic principles of good posture and body mechanics in relation to changing needs of individuals in all age groups
- Communicate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team
- Participate in the educational program of the new staff and students in the area of practice
- Maintains accurate clinical records, keeping track of goals and progress of clients'
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Teaches clients' how to properly use exercise techniques
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality Improvement, educational programs, and staff meetings
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Graduate from a School of Physical Therapy approved by the American Physical Therapy Association or Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association and the Physical Therapy Association
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state of practice
- At least one (1) years' experience in an acute hospital or equivalent experience
- Must possess current CPR and First Aid Certification
- Ability to make home visits and provide nursing care in the home environment
- Possess knowledge of principles and practices of physical therapy
- Ability to complete necessary documentation appropriately, legibly and timely
- Interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills necessary to complete job responsibilities
- Must have reliable transportation, current driver's license and appropriate automobile insurance; or ability to take public transportation
Working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Environment: Moderate noise level similar to a typical home environment and/or typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.