Position Summary: The HH- Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the effective successful development of new and existing referral sources for the agency. The HH Outreach Coordinator will receive and coordinate referral activity, distribute information to appropriate division for scheduling of employees, assist with follow-up on pending unresolved coverage issues and assist with maintaining data files and/or verification of patient eligibility.
- Demonstrates skill of the agency complaint, abuse, neglect and expointation process, state/federal guidelines and DOH incident Reporting Policy and procedure as well as all applicable state, federal, agency regulations, including those related to industry and marketing
- Represents company in professional manner at all-time given accurte information regarding scope of services, funding sources and timelines
- Attends approved community events as representative of company, presents self and company in positive light, in word, print and appearance
- Research and Maintains data bank of community contacts, reports data and status to administrators
- Works closely with dishcarge planners and other referral sources in hospitals, rehabs, congregate living, physician groups, etc.
- Keeps inventory and asssit with development and ordering of marketing supplies, delivering to community resources, patients and families
- Works closely with Liaisons and Intake to achieve monthly admission goals
- Attends, sets up, health fairs as directed in collaboration with Healthcare Partnership Director
- Submits reports to Healthcare Partnership Director (s) daily; weekly; monthly
- Maintains event calendar for current and upcoming year of community events to assure agency presence
- Works with referral sources to assure client's needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Receives and processes all request for services by following said procedure;
- Completes referral with medical and demographic information
- Assures financial eligiblity has been determined and approved with "okay to staff"
- Distributes referrals for assignment, scheduling and billing
- Disseminates information and answers inquiries related to the availability of resources
- Assists with maintaining spreadsheets as directed
- Distributes daily active pending report to CL's and AC's prior to Stand Up
- Assist medical records with unbilled, including obtaining physician signature through in person or electronic distribution
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Maintains positive internal and external customer service relationships
- Maintains open lines of communication
- Plans and organizes work effectively and ensures its completion
- Meets all productivity requirements
- Demonstrates team behavior and promotes a team-oriented environment
- Actively participates in continuous quality improvement
- Represents the organization professionally at all times
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- High School diploma or GED, preferable college graduate
- Six to twelve months prior experience in medical industry to related experience training preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents; and in written communication
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Goal oriented with demonstration of achieving established benchmarks for agency
- Utilizes multifaceted approach to referral sources, event marketing, media marketing, business marketing, etc.
- Computer savvy
Working conditions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear; use hands to finger, and handle controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and stoop. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Environment: Moderate noise level similar to a typical office environment with computers, printers, and work activity.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.