The Registered Nurse Clinical Liaison is responsible for collaborating with the admission team regarding referrals, acting as a first point of contact for hospitals and facilities, as well as providing community education to increase awareness regarding the hospice benefit and other services provided by the agency. In addition, as a registered nurse this staff member is responsible for identifying patient or family needs and providing supportive care and appropriate services in accordance with the attending physician's orders and the policies and procedures of the agency.
1. Be eighteen (18) years of age or older
2. Possession of a current license to practice in the State of New Mexico as a registered nurse.
3. Demonstrated skill in nursing practices and clinical judgments
4. Ability to cope with family emotional stress and tolerance of individual lifestyles
5. Understanding of the hospice and home health care philosophy and the ability to assess and manage symptoms
6. Demonstrates knowledge of computer and internet applications.
7. Demonstrates ability to organize efficiently and establish priorities for job functions.
8. Demonstrates excellence in both written and oral communication skills including spelling and grammar.
9. Demonstrates ability to handle stressful and delicate situations with tact, diplomacy, and attention to their importance.
10. Demonstrates ability to represent Ambercare in a positive and professional manner. Must
have a valid NM Driver's license
11. Must have reliable transportation available during work hours. Vehicle must be properly registered and insured in accordance with state law.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Effectively represent and market Ambercare Hospice services in the area.
2. Assist the admission department with the initial patient intake process as directed,
including explanation of benefits with patients and/or families in homes or clinical
3. Work collaboratively with the Community Liaisons and Admissions Team in order to
Achieve department goals.
4. Provide any skilled nursing evaluations with the initial patient intake process as requested and/or directed.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CLINICAL LIAISON REGISTERED NURSE Page 2
5. Obtain data on physical, psychological, social and spiritual factors that may impact patient and family's needs and initiate intervention by other members of the interdisciplinary team.
6. Initiate communication with the attending physician, other interdisciplinary staff members and other agencies for the purpose of coordinating optimal care.
7. Represent Ambercare Hospice in any potential clinical Hospice networking functions.
8. Arrange, coordinate and present (as appropriate) educational in-service programs to referral sources and other community partners, as well as other agency departments for the purpose of generating referrals.
9. Continuously develop knowledge on agency services, payors, regulations and industry trends.
10. Accept responsibility for professional growth and development through participation in continuing education programs, agency in-services and community events.
11. Attend department meeting on a regularly scheduled basis
12. Adhere to dress code
13. Adhere to work schedule and maintain good punctuality and attendance record
14. Some weekend and after hours required.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIRMENTS:
Ambercare personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Ambercare personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job related skills and abilities. All personnel must attend mandatory educational programs.
1. Satisfactory completion of pre-employment health screening if applicable, including drug screening.
2. Satisfactory completion of background check in accordance with State of New Mexico
Caregivers Criminal History Screening Program.
Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment as needed. Considerable typing, reaching, stooping bending, kneeling, and/or crouching.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Environmental Conditions: Must be able to drive in various weather/road conditions.
JOB DESCRIPTION: CLINICAL LIAISON REGISTERED NURSE Page 3
Working Conditions: May be exposed to infections and contagious diseases. Contact with
patients under wide variety of circumstances. May be exposed to/ occasionally exposed to patient elements Subject to varying and unpredictable situations, Handles emergency crisis situations. Travel required. OSHA Exposure Category I- Position includes tasks that involve exposure to blood, body fluids, tissues.
EXPECTED WORK HOURS:
Varies by agency needs; typicallyMonday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Other hours required as needed and assigned
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.