Addus Quality Assurance Specialist
Requisition #: 19-631
Position Summary: The Quality Assurance (QA) Specialist will conduct in-home visits at clients' homes to monitor and report on the quality of services being provided by Home Care Aides, and to determine whether existing care plans are adequate to meet client needs.
- Monitor client's condition and performance of duties by Home Care Aides
- Maintain all company and State specific program rules, regulations and standards
- Conduct home visits to new clients to welcome and review the Welcome Packet
- Observe and evaluate Home Care Aides in the client's home as directed by Supervisor, to assure client Care Plans are being followed
- Prepare and complete accurate home visit and home safety evaluation reports as needed
- Maintain schedule to assure timely completion of all assigned home visits
- Ensures the appearance of the branch's open environment is professional: neat, clean, orderly and generally free of clutter.
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Compliance with all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the agency.
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred additional education such as a diploma from an accredited vocational school or college.
- Must have 1-2 years of recent experience working in a healthcare environment, preferably home care.
- Understanding of basic medical terminology
- Interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Computer skills including but not limited to MS Office, MS Excel and Scheduling program
- May have to travel between facilities occasionally
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver license, and state required insurance