Position Summary: This position will be responsible for a range of general staff accounting tasks but will be primarily responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payable, expense reporting and sales/use tax submissions.
- Receive invoices daily and enter into the accounting system
- Enter check requests, expense reports, and petty cash daily and processing these checks for payment
- Process check runs and invoices that are due twice a week or as needed
- Manage the paid invoice file cabinet, making sure all are filed properly
- Assist AP Supervisor or Accounting Department with various projects when needed which may include data entry, journal entries, filing, etc.
- Handle branch or vendor inquiries regarding invoice payments, late payments, outstanding checks, etc. via phone or e-mail
- Investigates and resolves issues associated with invoices or purchase orders
- Reconciles various accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions by applying appropriate accounting standards
- Process remittance information from checks, drafts and wire transfers for invoices provided by vendors, reviewing instructions accompanying items to determine proper disposition and crediting accounts in accordance with standard procedures
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons
- Maintains a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information
- Maintains regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department
- Follows all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements
- Abides by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- High School degree; some college accounting coursework preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounts Payable experience
- Prior experience in a high volume customer focused environment preferred
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency - Word, Excel, Outlook
- Accounting system experience is preferred
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.